Monday, September 19, 2016

week 55

Hey! First off I got to say that this week was AWESOME! Elder Smart is like the dopest guy in the world, and he works hard and knows how to have fun! It is probably exactly the thing I needed, I'm just sad it will only be for one change. We have been working really hard and getting lots of references and member help so I am really excited. He was in the Polochic his entire mission except for the three months he was in Coban, so his Kekchi is really really good. 

The girl I told you about last week is doing good, she wants to be baptized on her birthday, which is why we are waiting so long. We put two new fechas, we are going to baptize this week, so that will be awesome. Also the Rama (branch, or church congregation) came up to us with over thirty references so I would say we have our work cut out for us. I don't want to talk bad about my last companion, but it is amazing how many dinner invites and references we have received in the one week he has been gone. I also got to do divisions with Elder Bos. Yeah, basically just this week was really awesome.

(Joe and his buddy Elder Bos on divisions - pc: Elder Bos)

We got a couple new Elders in the Polochic to replace the guys who went home. One of them is in my zone, he is a really cool guy who had a scholarship to play baseball at ASU. He is having to learn Kekchi from scratch, he was actually in the MTC in Provo instead of coming to the one here in Guatemala! He seems pretty shell shocked but he is doing good. He is a fun guy and I am excited to do divisions with him this week.

My spiritual thought this week is just about how much of a difference your attitude can make. These past couple changes I was kind of in a rut just because of my situation, but ever since Elder Smart showed up the work has been progressing. I think it is because we are both happy to get out there and work!

We are just in La Tinta today, saying hi to some buddies and stuff. I'm really sorry, but this is going to be short. The internet connection isn't working today. Hopefully I can write more next week. I hope you all have a good week!

I love you guys!

Love, Elder Toolok

No comments:

Post a Comment