Monday, October 31, 2016

week 61

This email will be kind of weak because I don't know how much time I have to write. This week went ok, we found a nice family, and put two more fechas with some kids, but they didn't come to church...and neither did anyone else...so that was really a bummer. We worked really hard but not very many people want anything right now. It is weird because Senahu is usually known for success. I was kind of emotionally exhausted by it all.  None of the zones in the mission can consistently meet the goals, even after we have lowered them. None of us really know what is going on. Hopefully President will have some advice for us.

Other than that things are good, I'm still pretty sick but it hasnt kept us from working, so nothing too bad there.

I had the chance to do a good service project this week. I carried this lady's wood for her, it was really heavy. Here's a picture of it. 



Kids here make toys out of anything, like kites out of garbage bag wrappers. We met these people as we were walking so we sat down and tried to teach them. The kids were standing on the fence trying to fly their kites.


We also got to go to a ward baptism, so that was great.


Elder Nelson is nice, and his Kekchi is as good as everyone says haha. He plays soccer and he sings really well. He is 20, so a year older than me. I think this will be a humbling change for me because he is kind of one of those guys that is really good at everything he does, and he is also really humble about it. He is a good guy.

(editor's note: this little guy is wearing Elder Bos' name tag! Maybe he snapped the photo?)

My spiritual thought this week comes from something I will actually be giving a talk on in consilio here in about three hours. I am pretty nervous, I am supposed to take fifteeen minutes and I have to talk in Spanish instead of Kekchi so I'm afraid it won't go that well. My talk is about hope. Hope is one of the divine attributes of Christ, and I never paid much attention to it until I was given it as a topic to study. Moroni 7:40-42 is really good: "And again, my beloved brethren, I would speak unto you concerning hope. How is it that ye can attain unto faith, save ye shall have hope? And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of His resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise. Wherefore, if a man have faith he must needs have hope; for without faith there cannot be any hope." Now I realize how important it really is. If we have no hope that God will complete His part of the covenants He makes with us, then there is no point to us doing anything. Without hope, we would think that death was the end. But we know and have the hope that we can be a eternal family and be with God forever, which I think is pretty awesome. 

I love you!

Love, Elder Toolson

No comments:

Post a Comment