Monday, July 11, 2016

week 45

Aye! This week was SWEET. Well, the truth is the beginning was pretty terrible, turns out those parasites I had like 9 weeks ago or whatever never went away! Apparently they have been plotting and biding there time and hit me hard Monday night, so divisions with Elder Bos was good because he is my buddy, but we couldn't do much because my stomach was fighting itself.  I will start taking medicine for that again this week...yayyy....


My homie Elder Bos, he is a guy I will definitely go out of my way to see after the mission

After that I had divisions in Chijolom with Elder Tims to do a baptism interview. We ended up leaving Senahu two hours late, then the guy lied to us and dropped us off an hour and a half away from where he told us. Chijolom works two areas, Chijolom and Sesoch, and the interview was in Sesoch, but the house is in Chijolom. So we did some mountain walking in the rain. I got four out of five interviews done but one guy never showed up, so we had to decide if we were going to sleep in with some members because it was already pitch black, or if we were going to go out in the storm and walk two hours to the house. We then remembered that we were in charge of getting the truck for everyone to bajar (go down) and meet the new President the next morning. So we had to go walking in the pitch dark and rain, it was an adventure! Luckily we had our nokia phone that had a light on it and thankfully Elder Tims had walked the path one or two times before that.


The next morning we got up at 4:30 to go down and meet the new President. President Faundez is a pretty good guy. His accent is super hard to understand. He is going to learn English. He has told the whole mission they are required to know Spanish, Kekchi, and English. It will take a while for us to get used to him but right away I can tell he is called of God to lead this mission. And we made it through our lesson! It helped that President was doing interviews the whole time so there was like zero pressure. My interview with him lasted like a minute and a half.

Now the best news! We have four baptisms Saturday! They just kind of popped up on Sunday, so we will baptize Elder, and three other guys I don't know too well. One is 9, one is 13, and the other is 18, so that will be awesome! Right now we also have one or two baptisms scheduled in August. We don't find the new investigators, the Lord does it for us. The members help a lot here as well. Senahu is weird because we never are in our area but we always seem to have baptisms. We have a week full of divisions again so that should be fun! This week I will stay in our area and Elder Vindel will travel. I couldn't before because I didn't know the area well enough to work in it, but now I know where some people are. It is great being able to travel all over and see different places though too!

Senehu is pretty sweet. This is the place to visit if you are going to come here. Its not dangerous where I serve at all, the only thing that ever happens is you might have a super drunk guy harass you but that's nothing. I'm including pictures of our house, it is the nicest place I have lived by far.


I am in Coban right now for my first big meeting where we get all the ZLs together, so that will be tomorrow. 

Elder Vindel and Elder Toolson

I feel like I write this every other week for my spiritual thought but I'm going to write it again. The Lord may test us, but will always help us when we need it. Before we left that night to go back to Chijolom in the pitch black and the storm I knew I was going to need some help, so I said a prayer in my head that the lord would help us get there safely and we would have the energy to do it. And that's exactly what He did! I love our heavenly Father! And I love you guys! Have a good week!

Love, Elder Toolson

1 comment:

  1. Dear Joe!
    Once again you have shared your inspiration with us! Thank you.
    Thoughts and prayers are with you ...
    Fondly,
    Diane Conom

    ReplyDelete