Monday, July 18, 2016

week 46

Hey! We baptized this week! It was pretty dang awesome. I did two and my companion did two. The guys I baptized were Elder and Pedro. All of them had members of their families show up to support them, so it was nice.




I did some divisions in Chijolom and Semerac, and then Elder Bos was here at the end of the week to do more divisions. Basically I feel like the entire zone is my companion instead of just Elder Vindel. It's great! We just got two really solid references! Other than the baptisms and that nothing too crazy to report, just a normal week. 




Oh, the Zone Conference was good! We talked a lot about personal conversion and doing the branch mission plan and stuff like that. We were taught by the Mission President, President's wife, and Assistants to the President. They did this really awesome analogy using Deuteronomy 1:2 "(There are eleven days' journey from Horeb by the way of mount Seir unto Kadeshbarnea.)" They talked about how the journey is only eleven days, but the people Moses brought wandered for forty years due to pride and disobedience. Then they asked us how long we are going to take to be personally converted.

President Faundez was in my area a little bit this week as well so we talked to him a few times. I still have a really good feeling about him, but I don't know how he feels about me, haha. The two times he saw me he kind of caught me at a bad time. One time we had just walked so we were resting on the side of the road, and he drove by and we looked like bums. The other time I didn't have my tie on... he showed up at like 7:55 in the morning and we were right about to start looking like missionaries, he just caught us at a bad time I guess.

My health is pretty alright! It just kind of varies from day to day but not too bad. It is always exciting waking up and seeing how I will feel haha, I keep forgetting to buy my medicines, but I will get on those!

We are in Senahu today, my letter is going to kind of short because the internet here is terrible because we are right smack dab in middle of the mountains.

This week I'm going to go to Semerac with my old District Leader, Elder Gonzalez, and after that with my father (trainer) Elder Helton in Seritkiche. So it should be a good week! I love this area; I want to spend the rest of my mission and die (finish) here because it is awesome. The nice thing right now is I get to do divisions with all of the mountain areas almost whenever I want. If I wasn't here I'd want to be assigned to one of the really remote mountain areas. I just don't want to get taken out of the Polochic.

I'll be hitting my year mark plus lots of divisions, so I will have more to report next week. Pretty crazy that on Thursday it will be a year since I've seen you guys! I still don't feel like I know the languages well enough. I need to start reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish more. Spanish Book of Mormon is hard because it's in vosotros form and nobody uses that ever! That makes it very confusing.

My spiritual thought this week is on how well the Lord will prepare people for us. This kid we baptized named Elder, we were able to teach him in like a week and a half. He was totally ready! It was awesome! 

Well, I hope everyone has a good week, and I love all of you!

Love, Elder Toolson

1 comment:

  1. Dear Joe,
    I love that you love the remote areas. I guess I wonder... Do you feel even closer to God being in a remote area, and so far from home? I would think that being away from the hustle and bustle of our lives, would be very peaceful. Take care and God bless!
    Diane.

    ReplyDelete