Monday, April 10, 2017

week 84

So the big news is....I have no change! And neither does my companion, Elder Ibarra! We are going to have three changes together! I am pretty dang happy I am staying in the Polochic. I was super surprised. There was a small part of me hoping for a change of scenery. I'm kind of bummed because this will be my fourth change in Teleman, and I probably will get taken out of the Polochic for my last one. I won't have a chance to get back into one of the mountain areas. But no problem! I am super happy! I felt really at peace this whole time with changes so I think I will be fine. I also realized that this change I will do my last phone call on mothers day, which means I will do half my phone calls here in Teleman, which is crazy. There were a few other changes in the Zone, but nothing too crazy.



This week was good, we weren't in our area very much because we spent some time in Tucuru, Panzos and Santo Domingo. We were supposed to do interviews in Tucuru but they got cancelled. We had dinner with the President of the Rama's family, and there was an activity at the church so we played some soccer and basketball there. We were just there for the day. 

We went to Panzos so we could do an interview for a 13 year old boy. My companion did the interview. They had this minion costume in the house, I'm not sure why, but they let me try it on haha.


In Santo Domingo we visited some of their investiagadores and had dinner with President's family. It was good to see them again. I asked to take a picture and they said no because they were embarrassed they hadn't showered yet. They think I am like fluent in Q'eqchi' now which is far from true. 

We met a new guy named Byron who is trying to stop drinking, and we both feel really good about him so I think things will go well there. Mario's family seem like they are doing really well! We had a good Family Home Evening with them the other night. We talked about magnifying your calling and showed the video "Only a Stonecutter," because John Rowe Moyle was a stud. He is the man who was called to be a stonecutter for Salt Lake temple who had to walk like 20 miles every week to get there, which he did for years. Then after an accident he had his leg amputated, and he made himself a false leg and still walked the whole way. So he obviously went above and beyond in his calling!

Right now I am in Coban with Elder McEntee. He is going home this week, it is pretty hard to say goodbye to one of my best friends. He has gone through a lot out here and has been an amazing missionary and example to me. But I know we will be hanging out a lot after the mission so it is all good. We ate some food, now we will write, then I will go to the Polochic and he will stay here. He gave me the legend tie and Bible, which supposedly means I know Q'eqchi' the best in the mission. I know at least three other missionaries who talk a lot better than me and I tried to tell him, but he wouldn't take no for an answer. About 12 missionaries are finishing this change, I am not sure how many are coming in.

My spiritual thought this week comes from a scripture, Alma 26:11-12 "But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God. Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

This is one of my favorite scriptures. I know that I have only been able to do what I have in my mission because of the help of Heavenly Father and through the power of the Savior's Atonement, and I know that I will be able to rely on this for the rest of my life.

I love all of you!

Love, Elder Toolson
p.s. I'm praying for Grandpa Denny, I hope the surgery and recovery go well

No comments:

Post a Comment