Monday, October 26, 2015

week 8: a baptism!

We had a baptism this week! It was awesome! We baptized the little eight year-old, his name is Rudy. And he asked me to do the baptism! I was able to do it in Kekchi on my first try so that was a relief.

Other than that nothing too exciting. We did some exploring in our area...
 
 
We've also continued working with our fechas so they don't fall through. The top two pictures are of Rudy's little sister and brother, and at his house. It is actually a pretty nice house because one of the walls is cement.
 
 
Here is a picture of Lucas, and Abelario, they are members, and the guy farthest away from me is our other fecha, Eguanil. We taught a lesson that night.
 
 
We are still waiting on the paperwork for Jose and Maria. Hopefully it will be here in November and we can move forward. Interviews with the Mission President were good. He came to the town we go to for p-day and we met him there. He is very nice, but very intense, so it is always nice talking with him because he fires you up a little bit. He just kind of checks up on you, your companion, your obedience, and such. My journaling is going really well, I haven't missed a day!
 
This week, I tried this weird chocolate pod they have here. It looks like squash but it tasted nasty.
 
As far as transfers, we are doing this weird thing where we have a seven week change this change then a five week change the next one, so my next change isn't until December. To answer mom's question, our mail just kind of shows up whenever the Zone Leaders get it from Coban and then get it to us, so its pretty random haha.
 
I have started running a little over a mile every morning and we are pretty good about working out at night too. Just push ups and core and that sort of thing, our normal track workouts. We eat so bad I figure I have to work out to stay in check. I eat a lot of yogurt, popcorn and crackers, haha. I am also doing a soda fast, haven't drunk one since October 12th.
 
To answer dad's question about the weather, it is a little humid, but mostly just hot where I am. I think there is a rainy season that we are coming up on but that's about it.
 
My spiritual thought this week is about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I was reading about His suffering on the cross. One of the thieves who is being crucified asks that He will remember him, and Jesus says He will. "And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us. But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation? And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss. And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day thou shalt be with me in paradise." (Luke 23:39-43) That is just so amazing to me. After everything He's been through in the Garden of Gethsemane, and then moments before His death, He is still forgiving. It reminds me how I need to be acting to live a Christlike life.
 
Well, thank you for writing! I love all of you!
 
 
Love, Elder Toolson
 

No comments:

Post a Comment