Monday, November 2, 2015

week 9

Hey! It was a pretty good week.
 
All of our people that have fechas were busy so we had a hard time deciding what to do with our time. So we ended up going all the way up the mountain one of the days to see if that kid from a couple weeks ago was home. As things go on the mission, he wasn't home, but we were able to do some contacting and give out some folletas (pamphlets.) I now have learned how to invite to church, how to baptize, and how to give out folletas in Kekchi. So I am on my way!





I think our schedule for transfers is different this time because President has a meeting or something in Salt Lake and he needs to be here for the interviews with the new people.
 
We were supposed to go to El Estor for a district activity today but it is Dia de los Muertos. We realized everything is going to be closed, so we will go next Monday.
 
Another thing that happened this week is our branch has been chosen to sing at our next District Conference (which is basically Stake Conference here) and I got chosen to play the piano! I tried to tell them I don't actually really know how to read piano music but they didnt believe me, so we will see how that goes haha.
 
My spiritual thought comes from Nephi 15:8-11, when his brothers were arguing with him about how hard it was to understand the things their father was trying to teach them. "And I said unto them: Have ye inquired of the Lord? An they said unto me: We have not; for the Lord maketh no such thing known unto us. Behold, I said unto them: How is it that ye do not keep the commandments of the Lord? How is it that ye will perish, because of the hardness of your hearts? Do ye not remember the things which the Lord hath said? - If ye will not harden your hearts, and ask me in faith, believing that ye shall receive, with diligence in keeping my commandments, surely these things shall be made known unto you." Nephi simply says, did you ask the Lord? I like this scripture a lot because it is a demonstration of how simple the Lord makes it for us. All we have to do is ask and He will provide.
 
I love all of you!
 
Love, Elder Toolson

No comments:

Post a Comment