Monday, January 11, 2016

week 19

Hey! This week was pretty good! We have a new family that we have been teaching and four out of the six of them came to church, so that was awesome! The parents are in their 50s or 60s, and all their kids except one are in their twentys. And they speak Spanish! Unfortunately Nester and his mukuy didn't come so we will have to see what's up with that.



Right now we are in Coban waiting to hear about our parasite tests so we will see what happens with that. We went to the office and saw all the Elders in Coban. I saw my old buddy from the CCM and Hermana Curttiss (Mission President's wife) so that was fun. After we write we will go to the plaza to buy whatever American food we can find haha. Maybe buy some pens and notebooks for study, just stuff that we can't buy in the mountains. Then we'll head out. I haven't slept since 6:00 am yesterday so sorry if my emails don't make sense. We had to leave at 1:00 am for Coban, and we broke down several times so we ended up traveling for like 8 hours. It was fairly exhausting, and we won't even make it back to our area tonight, so that's a bummer too. We will spend the night in La Tinta. Our area is literally the second most far away area in the Polochic from Coban so it is kind of a bummer. But I will get to see Elder Helton and McEntee in La Tinta so that will be fun.

It was another exciting week with my companion. He asked me if I ate a lot before the mission and I said yes and he said maybe that's why I am fat. So that's how our conversations go eh.

We had a baptism in the rama this week (that means it wasn't someone we found, but a little eight year old girl from the Branch who we helped teach a bit) so that was way cool as well!


I just want to bear a quick testimony on the power of prayer, because me and my companion were praying real hard that our new family would make it to church. Sunday morning it was raining super hard. That normally means that people that live close don't even come, let alone investigators that live 45 minutes up the mountain. But they made it! I know that the Lord answers our prayers if we sincerely and humbly ask. I love all of you!
 
Love, Elder Toolson

No comments:

Post a Comment