Monday, November 21, 2016

week 64

Hey! This week for us was good, except we weren't in our area very much. Monday through Wednesday we were in Coban, the meeting with President Duncan was awesome! I will share some stuff with him as a spiritual thought. The Zone Leader duties went alright, I didn't have to get anybody in trouble which was the main goal haha. I played the piano for for the conference. It went ok, but I know I messed up a few times. (Editor's note - we have a friend, Ellie Scruggs, who is also serving in the Coban mission. In her letter this week she said: "Joe played the piano at conference and he did awesome!!!" So it sounds like Elder Toolson did just fine!)

The "Mountain Elders" - Joe's zone - with Elder and Sister Duncan and President and Sister Faundez (pc: Guatemala Coban Mission page)


Zone Leaders, Assistants to the President and Sister Training Leaders with Elder and Sister Duncan and President and Sister Faundez (pc: Guatemala Coban Mission page)

Mission buddies, clockwise from upper left: Joe with Elders Zavala, Bos and Zavala, Reed, McEntee, Bos, and Sister Scruggs.

We slept in La Tinta Wednesday night and then headed back up here in Senahu. We were able to get people to say that they would come to church. but once again they didn't so that was kind of a bummer. But we had a baptism so that was good!  




The other excitement is that I actually got a new sickness this week! It is called Giardia and it is a lot of fun. I had a fever one of the nights we were in Coban but it wasn't too bad. I don't know if it is a parasite, I heard it was just a virus, so who knows how I got it.

We stayed in our area for p-day today. We played some soccer and basketball with some members so that was fun. Soccer I got it handed to me but I did ok in basketball haha. I was also playing with Elder Bos and he is really athletic.

We are going to go up to Chijolom to do divisions this week and I think we are going to get to see a waterfall so that should be good. I will be with Elder Zavala, he is the newer guy, he is awesome!


Ok, here are some dope things Elder Duncan said: "The Atonement isn't something we just teach, it is something we experience. When we are converted to the gospel, we will have the desire to share it with others, and not just experience it ourselves." I thought it was pretty significant he used the word "experience" twice. This gospel isn't just going to church on Sundays, it is a life long experience, and it is an experience so awesome that when we realize that, we have to share it with others. Another thing Elder Duncan said that I liked is he was talking about how we get what we put in. If we only give a little to the Lord then we will only get a little back. I guess it is the same thing with life, that's how school or sports work as well, so it makes sense!


I love you, have a good week, 


Love, Elder Toolson

No comments:

Post a Comment