Monday, November 28, 2016

week 65

Hey, it sounds like you guys had a really good Thanksgiving which is awesome. I'm glad the whole family could get together and everything went well and thank you for the pictures! 

Things this week were good, we started out the week in our area and we found a dope lady named Maria I will talk about later.

Do you remember the lady we baptized in August named Herlyinda? She is in our area, we visited her this week. She is all good, she just has a hard time reading the Book of Mormon consistently. The family gave us some snails to eat!




I went up to Chijolom to do divisions with Elder Zavala, it is like a two or three hour ride up there in the truck. It was super fun! He is a really cool guy, he is still pretty new but he kuyuks the mountains pretty good and has a good attitude. He reminds me of a younger Toolok because he didn't go through the Kekchi program so he has been thrown in like me. So I can sympathize with him a little haha.


We found some good investigators that I think could progress in the future. We got to go to Se´ wilix which was super fun and then Tz´aj pek. The waterfall is in a place called Se´chaj which is a pretty good hike, it is like an hour and a half or so.





The church in Se´chaj is so small it is called a Group, not even a Branch.


We hiked another two hours to Chijolom. Chijolom means "to the head" in Kekchi which fits because when you are there you are at the top.





We managed to get a little Thanksgiving lunch at the comedor we always eat at on Thursday. It was awesome!



My health is doing good now. I just kind of have an annoying cough but it is nothing bad. The giardia is all better.

We are in Coban today, hoping to do a little shopping, I need a new backpack. I think I am going to Yalijux this week, which will be dope because once I do that I will officially know every single area that has ever been opened and is open in the Polochic. It is the highest area in the mountains and the most far away, Elder Mendoza and Elder Miranda are there now.

My spiritual thought this week comes from our lesson with Maria. She is super sad right now because her parents died. We explained the Plan of Salvation to her, and when I promised her that she would see her parents again she just got this big smile on her face. It just reminded me how lucky we are to be a part of this gospel and have a testimony of Gods plan for us. I know that He wants all of us to live with Him again and to live together with our families. The Atonement of Jesus Christ is what makes this possible.

I love all of you!

Love, Elder Toolson

1 comment:

  1. I miss this guy! I love his upbeat attitude and can't wait to hear about all of his adventures.

    ReplyDelete