Monday, February 27, 2017

week 78: happy transfer news

Hey! So the big news this week...I am staying in Teleman! It is freaking awesome! Me and my companion are both staying so we will have another good change. I feel a lot less stressed now, I was pretty stressed before changes because I knew that my next area will be my last, and I can handle two changes in a hard area, but three changes is a pretty long time haha. The other big news - they made a new zone in the Polochic, so our zone boundaries changed and now we are in charge of a smaller zone! We have Tukuru, Santo Domingo, La Tinta One and Two, Saqsuha, and our area. And we have four Hermanas (Sister Missionaries)! So that is scary! The Sisters are Hermanas Casto, Mazareigos, Devolder, and Herrea. They are all pretty nice and easy going so it should be a good time.

We put a fecha with Ronald! But he hasn't come to church in like two Sundays now so that is weird. We will have to see what is up with that. It's tricky because during the week he lives really far away. He lives where he works which is actually in a part of Canlun's area, but there are no missionaries in Canlun so we take care of that. Then during the weekend I think he lives close. We are still having random people show up to church, then we go to visit them, and then they don't show up the next Sunday. So I think they are just showing up to get a job from the mayor. We also tried to visit that family that are looking for a church twice but they weren't home.

Mario's family are good. We shared some quotes and some Mormon Messages and it seemed to help a lot. They are in a really difficult time with some extended family stuff, but the Rama President is working with them. It makes me thankful for the gospel, I can't imagine what I would do without it. I really don't get how people make it through life happy without it. 

Oh and I got my package! So that is awesome, thank you so much! 

Last night was a good time because Elder Bos came down. Last night and today we will get to spend some time together before he goes home. I really love that guy, I'm going to miss him a lot. It is weird and a little sad to think I am not super far behind him. 

(photo from Elder Bos; I imagine Joe saying "see you on the other side, Brother!")

Today we had our leader meeting and now we are just kind of relaxing. We will probably stay the night here in Coban so we can be a little more relaxed and tranquilo. We just stay with the Zone Leaders here or the Assistants to the President or the office Elders, wherever there is space.

I want to dedicate my spiritual thought to something we talked about in our meeting today. We talked about Jesus Christ and His life and Atonement, and I just want to let everyone know that I know Jesus Christ lives. I know that He paid for my sins and knows me perfectly. Only because He loves us and died for us can we return to live with Him, our families, and our Heavenly Father forever. I know that during the time that He bled from every pore in the Garden of Gethsemane, He loved and knew us perfectly. Through that love He was able to do what no one else in history could do, and finished His mission here on earth. We are so blessed! I love all of you!

Love, Elder Toolson

P.S. I'm sorry I didn't get any pictures this week

No comments:

Post a Comment