Monday, November 30, 2015

week 13: transferred

So the big news is...I got transferred! I am kind of bummed, but excited as well. I am going to the mountains! Like, the big ones! I am going to an area called Sepamac. It is in a different Zone so it is a good two or three hours away. I will be serving with Elder Quiroz. He is from Honduras and he only speaks Spanish and Kekchi. I just met him today and he seems really nice. Also, they told me I am going to be Senior Companion... but he has like 16 more months than me and knows all the languages and stuff. So I am pretty terrified.

Elder Helton is staying in Santo Domingo to train, so it looks like I am going to have a little brother in the mission! (Editor's note: missionaries call their trainer their dad - or mom, for Sisters. Your trainer's trainer is your grandpa - or grandma ... anyone else he/she trains is your brother - or sister.) We were able to catch up with one of the families we found last week and they said Elder Helton could come back next week so that is good!

Other than that, nothing too exciting happened this week. Other than transfers, so that is about it haha.
 
I'm glad you all had a good Thanksgiving. I wish I could've been there, but at the same time I am happy I was here.
 
I don't have a specific quote or anything as a spiritual thought this week, I just want to share my testimony that I know we are never alone. That is one of the amazing parts of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Not only can we be forgiven of our sins, we also can be strengthened in our times of need.
 
I will do my best in my new area and with my new companion. I still feel like I can't understand what anyone is saying, or I understand but I just can't respond. It will be interesting for sure. I am looking forward to Christmas when I can call all of you!
 

Laa´ex li mas chaab´il junkabal sa li ruchichoch ut nekexinra! (Translation: you are the best family in the world and I love you all!)
 
Love, Elder Toolson

No comments:

Post a Comment